Understanding the Brief on Service/Packaging Fees
If you are a restaurant owner, you must charge your customers a certain amount of service fee. Restaurants can be charging service fees for a variety of reasons. This includes covering labor costs, improving service quality down the line, putting a cap on the prices of the food items on the menu, covering non-food expenses, etc. The Eatance Restaurant Builder simplifies the complex concept of setting up service and packaging charges or fees for various order types (Dine, Pick up, or Take away).
This user manual will help you understand how you can set up a service fee or packing charges in case of pick-up or delivery orders.
How to Set Up Service Fees and Packaging Fees?
Let us learn how to set up both of them through the Eatance Restaurant Builder. You can set up Service and Packaging Fees for any order type by following the steps below.
Step 1: Login into the admin panel of Eatance Restaurant Builder
- If you are an admin user, you should have been given a URL to log in for managing the content, users, offers, etc., from the backend.
- You will be required to enter the admin credentials using the given URL.
- Please enter your credentials on the Eatance website (admin URL) to access your account.
- Once logged in, you will be redirected to your Eatance admin panel. From this dynamic admin panel, you will be able to manage multiple things with ease.
Step 2: Go to the “Restaurant Page”
- In the main menu of the admin panel on the left, click on the “Restaurants”.
- Edit the Restaurant page and scroll down until you encounter the “Fees Section”.
Step 3: Set up Restaurant Service Fees/Charges
- Check “Yes” under the “Restaurant Service Fee” to set up and apply the service charges.
- “Service Fee Type” offers two options: Percentage Amount and Fixed Amount.
- You can select either of the two based on your preference. For example, if you choose Fixed Amount and enter a numeric value of 10 in the box, it will reflect as a service fee of $10 in the front end.
Step 4: Set up Restaurant Packaging Fees/Charges
- Check “Yes” under the “Restaurant Packaging Fee” to set up and apply the service charges.
- Like the Service Fee Type, “Packaging Fee Type” offers two options: Percentage Amount and Fixed Amount.
- You can select either of the two based on your preference. For example, if you choose Fixed Amount and enter a numeric value of 25 in the box, it will reflect as a packaging fee of $25 in the front end.
Congratulations!! You’ve done it!!
You have now learned to set up restaurant services and packing fees or charges for your customers. With Eatance Restaurant Builder, it is the easiest way to set up your desired service/packaging charges in percentage or fixed amount, which will be reflected in the order summary page.
For any queries or concerns, kindly reach out to our team. We are ready and waiting to help you out.